RuneHints

Forums News & Updates Christmas Advent Calendar!

Christmas Advent Calendar!

Daniel

Daniel

RSN: Schnee

2 years ago

It's Christmas Time! You could say we've been getting into the festive spirit a little early this year but we don't care!

We've decided to release our very own RuneHints Advent Calendar with a door for each day from 1st Dec until the 25th. Behind each door is a RuneScape related question for you to answer. Between the 1st and 31st of December all you have to do is answer questions correctly. If you get the most right you could be up for a chance to win some cool prizes!

We have prizes to give away for the 3 members who get the most questions correct!

First: 1 RuneScape Top Trumps pack and 1 Bond.

Second: 1 Bond.

Third: 1 bond.

Whether you are a member or not, you are eligible to win any of our prizes for this competition! It doesn't matter where you live in the world, as long as you are ok with us sending the Top Trumps to you then they will be posted to you. If it ends up that more than 3 people have the same number of correct answers then we will draw the winners from that group. If 2 people have the top amount and 1 person has the next lowest amount then we will draw to see which of the 2 people wins the top prize.

Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas!

Winners Announcement!

Hello! It's time to announce the winners of the Christmas Calendar Competition!

I'd like to start by saying a big thank you to everyone that took part in the Christmas Calendar, it was great fun to create and the participation we had shows that a lot of you guys and girls really enjoyed coming back onto the site everyday to answer the next question as it unlocked.

In total we had 9 members (including myself) who got all 25 questions correctly. I decided to draw out the three winners by putting all 8 names into a random name generator, the first name would win the 1st prize, second name would win the 2nd prize and third and final name would win the 3rd prize.

Here are the winners:

1st Prize (1 Bond and Top Trumps - Luke

2nd Prize (1 Bond) - Kalkunklatten

3rd Prize (1 Bond) - Carsons23

Just to prove that the winners were not rigged in this competition I created a 1 take video and posted it up on YouTube showing how I did the draw. I apologise now for the having breathing and me sounding slightly ill.

Schnee.png?time=1426415691

Wise Choice

Wise Choice

RSN: Wise Choice

2 years ago

Hey guys,

This is a really nice thing to do and actually seems like quite a bit of fun but I'm finding some of the writing very hard to read and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

nXO8YEO.png

Iztpets.png

(Notice how it looks a lot easier to read if it's highlighted?)

Finally referring to the highlighted part - it says we have to come back at the end of the month to see the answer, but on the page with advent calendar doors it says how many you have right/wrong anyway ;)

Wise Choice.png?time=1417808852

Connor

Connor

RSN: Overcareful

2 years ago

Thanks Wise,

The colours looked fine on my screen (probably my colour calibration). I'll look into this tomorrow. For the answers. That means you'll be able to see what the answer to the question is at the end of the month. In case you got it wrong or something. Hope this helps :)

Connor

Wise Choice

Wise Choice

RSN: Wise Choice

2 years ago

I noticed the box for Question #1 went green, I assumed that meant I got the answer right (knowing I did) - does it only show you answered the question? :p

Wise Choice.png?time=1417808852

Connor

Connor

2 years ago

Yeah. That's what it is. So I guess it does show you answered the question? If that's what you mean. 

Connor

Ben

Ben

2 years ago

I got the first one wrong - what a brilliant start ;).  Just wanted to mention I love the whole design and concept of the advent calendar , it's sleek and sophisticated. It's a brilliant and generous idea. Thanks (even though my rs general knowledge is pretty pathetic) 

Ben.

P.S. I didn't struggle with reading the text? Colour contrast seemed fine to me. 

Connor

Connor

2 years ago

Glad you're enjoying it. We fixed the colour on the image the other day to make the text more clear :)

Connor

Das Wanderer

Das Wanderer

RSN: Das Wanderer

2 years ago

Yeah I should have mentioned that :p

I did tell Wise though :p

The Wanderer.png

Anarchy

Anarchy

RSN: Anarchy

2 years ago

Question 6 had 2 of the same right answers and I picked the wrong one D:

Connor

Connor

2 years ago

What do you mean Anarchy? I'm pretty sure there is only one right answer. 

Connor

Please sign up or log in to post on threads